Eligibility — Riders in the Firehouse 50 Road Race may be eligible for a Preferred Start under the following conditions:
- Riders must have finished the Firehouse 50 or Firehouse Time Trial in a time of two hours and seventeen minutes or better during one of the previous two years.
- Or show a finishing time for a comparable distance in another race in the same year.
The key is to register early if you are eligible for either of these two categories. Make a commitment to the Firehouse 50 and we can make a commitment to you.
Requirements and Rules:
- Completed registration is required by July 15, 2015. Preferred starts will never be granted on race day. No exceptions.
- Preferred Start Wave 1 — Limited to the first registered 100 eligible riders*
- Preferred Start Wave 2 — The next 100 eligible riders* will line up directly behind the Wave 1. These riders will include those that finished in the top 101-200 in the Firehouse 50 or Firehouse Time Trials in one of the previous two years. This slot will also include those that were eligible for the top 100, but registered after it was full. Wave 2 is also limited to 100 riders.
- All remaining riders will then line up in any order behind the first 200 in the staging area.
- *Note: Ten positions from each of the two categories will be reserved for female participants. Similar qualifying rules apply.