Firehouse 50 Road Race
Be a part of the excitement! The Firehouse 50 is a bicycle road race of 50.5 miles beginning and ending in Grand View, Wisconsin. This race is on black top roads winding through the pristine Chequamegon National Forest around Lake Namakagon and Lake Owen. It passes through the townships of Grand View, Namakagon, Cable and Drummond.
$50 until June 1
$55 until July 1
$60 until 1/2 hour prior to race start
Friday night registration: 4 pm – 8 pm at Grand View Firehall
Saturday morning registration: 6:30 am – 10 am at the Grand View Firehall
Registration & Bib pickup
- Registration – coming soon
- Printable Registration – coming soon
- Registration closes 1/2 hour prior to race start.
Friday registration: 4 pm – 8 pm at Grand View Firehall
Saturday morning registration: 6:30 am – 9:30 am at the Grand View Firehall
- Bib Pickup begins Friday from 4:00 to 8:00 pm and Saturday at 7:00 am in the Grand View Fire Hall.
- All participants must register and properly place their timing tag before participating in the race.
- This is an electronically timed race.
- A timing tag will be provided at registration/bib pickup. Place the tag as instructed in your race packet. Failure to have your tag or not properly placed, will result in no finishing time assigned to you.
- Failure to register before participating is an automatic disqualification (DSQ)*.
- Shirts to all registered participants.
- There is no registration limit.
- Participants must be 14 years of age.
- You may change events prior to 7/15/18. Absolutely no changes after that date. No refunds will be granted.
- Race start line is at the Great Divide Ball Park (see course map).
- The staging area will be about 1/4 mile north of the start line on a black topped side street.
- The race will begin with a slow rolling start and the race start time is when the first rider crosses the start line. The public address system will be near so that you will not miss any last minute announcements.
- Those warming up should be careful as other riders are already finishing their event and the finish line is in use. Please warm up traveling south on County D after all other events have started, or East on Highway 63. No warm ups will be allowed west of the finish line street.
On the Course
- Motorcycle escorts throughout the course.
- The course is open to traffic. The “centerline rule” will be strictly enforced. Riders who cross the center line will be disqualified (DSQ).*
- Water stations will be at the 12 and 35 mile mark.
- Food stations at approximately the 17, 25 & 40 mile mark.
- First Aid will be available at the 12 mile mark.
- Finish line station will be complete with food, water and energy drink.
- First aid personnel and sweep vehicles will be throughout the course. All sweep vehicles will display a “Firehouse 50″ emblem.
- Trophy to top three finishers, male and female.
- Award Ceremony will be at approximately 1:00 pm in the Grand View Park.
- Age division awards for the first three in each category, as identified in the race records. See Firehouse Results for the age division categories.
- Age division awards will be available for pickup at the clothing tent after the presentation of the overall awards for the Firehouse 50, Ride the Divide and Time Trial Events.
- * If any DSQ would affect the top three winners, the award will be held until the issue is addressed. If the DSQ for the rider stands, the next eligible participant will be granted the award.
- Approved bike helmets are required.
- Aero bars are prohibited.
- Use of audio playback devices such as iPods or other entertainment devices is prohibited.
The Firehouse 50 Weekend offers a wide variety of events for a weekend of racing, food and fun! See Weekend Info.
- Race day questions should begin at the registration table. If they are unable to answer your questions, they will page the director to help. Questions during the race can be directed to the announcer and he will be able to page the proper personnel to assist. Please do not ask the announcer to page friends or relatives.
- Contact Us
By way of your attendance at the Firehouse 50 weekend, you are “agreeing to participate in one or more Firehouse Events and hereby waive, release and dismiss all claims for damages and personal injury of which I may incur before, during and after the above named event, against any and all race officials involved with the Grand View Firehouse 50, Firehouse Run, and any other Firehouse Events, including all person and organizations involved with the races. I also permit organizers of this event to use photographic and video images taken during the event for promotional purposes without compensation.”