Individual Time Trials
Time trials allow riders to race or tour the same course as the Firehouse 50 at their own pace or against the clock without the congestion of the main Firehouse 50 road race.
go to: Team Time Trials
Date: August 1, 2020
Start Time: Varies – posted July 25, 2020 — if you have registered by July 20, 2020
Individual Time Trial registration closes on July 31, 2020.
Start Location: Grand View Ballpark, County Hwy D (see course map)
Distance: 50 miles
Online Registration – opening early 2021
New this Year: ALL registration MUST BE done online.
NO paper registrations will be accepted.
$55 until June 1 or until full
$60 until July 1 or until full
$65 until July 31 or until full. No registration the day of the race.
Registration & Bib pickup
- Bib Pickup begins Friday from 4:00 to 8:00 pm and Saturday at 7:00 am in the Grand View Fire Hall.
- All participants must register and properly place their timing tag before participating in the race.
- This is an electronically timed race.
- A timing tag will be provided at registration/bib pickup. Place the tag as instructed in your race packet. Failure to have your tag or not properly placed, will result in no finishing time assigned to you.
- Failure to register before participating is an automatic disqualification (DSQ)*.
- Shirts to all registered participants.
- Participants must be 14 years of age.
- You may change events prior to 7/15/20. Absolutely no changes after that date. No refunds will be granted.
- Race start line is at the Great Divide Ball Park (see course map).
- Participants should check in, allowing themselves ample time to identify their start time and have a chance to warm up.
- Two riders depart every 30 seconds.
- Race start times will be assigned by the timing company.
- Early start times are no longer available for multiple event riders.
On the Course
- Individual time trial participants are not allowed to draft.
- The course is open to normal traffic and riders are expected to ride near the right shoulder.
- Water stations will be at the 12 and 35 mile mark.
- Food stations at approximately the 17, 25 & 40 mile mark.
- First Aid will be available at the 12 mile mark.
- Finish line station will be complete with food, water and energy drink.
- First aid personnel and sweep vehicles will be throughout the course. All sweep vehicles will display a “Firehouse 50″ emblem.
- Awards given to the overall winner, male and female.
- Award Ceremony will be at approximately 1:30 pm in the Grand View Park.
- Age division awards for the first in each category, as identified in the race records. See Firehouse Results for the age division categories.
- Age division awards will be available for pickup at the clothing tent after the presentation of the overall awards for the Firehouse 50, Ride the Divide and Time Trial Events. These awards will no longer be mailed.
- * If any DSQ would affect the top three winners, the award will be held until the issue is addressed. If the DSQ for the rider stands, the next eligible participant will be granted the award.
- Approved bike helmets are required.
- Aero bars may be used in time trail races.
- Use of audio playback devices such as iPods or other entertainment devices is prohibited.
The Firehouse 50 Weekend offers a wide variety of events for a weekend of racing, food and fun! See Weekend Info.
- Race day questions should begin at the registration table. If they are unable to answer your questions, they will page the director to help. Questions during the race can be directed to the announcer and he will be able to page the proper personnel to assist. Please do not ask the announcer to page friends or relatives.
- Contact Us
By way of your attendance Firehouse 50 weekend, you are “agreeing to participate in one or more Firehouse Events and hereby waive, release and dismiss all claims for damages and personal injury of which I may incur before, during and after the above named event, against any and all race officials involved with the Grand View Firehouse 50, Firehouse Run, and any other Firehouse Events, including all person and organizations involved with the races. I also permit organizers of this event to use photographic and video images taken during the event for promotional purposes without compensation.”