Ride the Divide
Enjoy the beauty of the Firehouse 50 course, with a short cut. The 33-mile course winds through much of the same Firehouse 50 route and crosses the same finish line. The Ride the Divide miles will count towards the 500-mile club.
Date: August 3, 2019
Time: 8:30 am (time change!)
Start Location: Grand View Ballpark, County Hwy D (see course map)
Distance: 33 miles
$50 until June 1
$55 until July 1
$60 until 1/2 hour prior to race start
Friday night registration: 4 pm – 8 pm at Grand View Firehall
Saturday morning registration: 7 am – 10 am at the Grand View Firehall
Registration & Bib pickup
- Registration – Click here
- New this Year! ALL registration MUST BE done online.
- NO paper registrations will be accepted.
- Registration closes 1/2 hour prior to race start.
- Bib Pickup begins Friday from 4:00 to 8:00 pm and Saturday at 7:00 am in the Grand View Fire Hall.
- All participants must register and properly place their timing tag before participating in the race.
- This is an electronically timed race.
- A timing tag will be provided at registration/bib pickup. Place the tag as instructed in your race packet. Failure to have your tag or not properly placed, will result in no finishing time assigned to you.
- Failure to register before participating is an automatic disqualification (DSQ)*.
- Participant shirts to registered riders.
- There is no registration limit.
- Participants must be 14 years of age.
- You may change events prior to 7/15/18. Absolutely no changes after that date. No refunds will be granted.
- Race start line is at the Great Divide Ball Park (see course map).
- The staging area will be about 1/4 mile north of the start line on a black topped side street.
- The race will begin with a slow rolling start and the race start time is when the first rider crosses the start line. The public address system will be near so that you will not miss any last minute announcements.
- Participants may warm up anywhere, following all road rules and courtesies.
On the Course
- Motorcycle escorts throughout the course.
- The course is open to traffic. The “centerline rule” will be strictly enforced. Riders who cross the center line will be disqualified.*
- Water stations will be at the 8 and 15 mile mark.
- Food stations at approximately the 22 mile mark.
- Finish line station will be complete with food, water and energy drink.
- First aid personnel and sweep vehicles will be throughout the course. All sweep vehicles will display a “Firehouse 50″ emblem.
- Trophy to overall winners, male and female.
- Award Ceremony will be at approximately 1:30 pm in the Grand View Park.
- Age Division awards to first in each age group. See Firehouse Records for the age division categories.
- Age division awards will be available for pickup at the clothing tent after the presentation of the overall awards for the Firehouse 50, Ride the Divide and Time Trial Events.
- * If any DSQ would affect the top three winners, the award will be held until the issue is addressed. If the DSQ for the rider stands, the next eligible participant will be granted the award.
- Approved bike helmets are required.
- Aero bars are prohibited.
- Use of audio playback devices such as iPods or other entertainment devices is prohibited.
The Firehouse 50 Weekend offers a wide variety of events for a weekend of racing, food and fun! See Weekend Info.
- Race day questions should begin at the registration table. If they are unable to answer your questions, they will page the director to help. Questions during the race can be directed to the announcer and he will be able to page the proper personnel to assist. Please do not ask the announcer to page friends or relatives.
- Contact Us
By way of your attendance at the Firehouse 50 weekend, you are “agreeing to participate in one or more Firehouse Events and hereby waive, release and dismiss all claims for damages and personal injury of which I may incur before, during and after the above named event, against any and all race officials involved with the Grand View Firehouse 50, Firehouse Run, and any other Firehouse Events, including all person and organizations involved with the races. I also permit organizers of this event to use photographic and video images taken during the event for promotional purposes without compensation.”